La Luz Beach Resort is a small resort on a property that has been privately owned for over 30 years and was recently opened to the public. The resort was only meant to be a hide away for a family of 13 children and hence the many rooms and a large pavilion. Guests normally are surprised that the cottages could be easily filled with just the immediate family alone.
A very relaxed atmosphere surrounds La Luz. The owners and management kept the resort very natural, and have gone out of their way to maintain the existing trees and have planted new ones along the way. Native materials have also been chosen as furnishings for the resort.
How to get to La Luz Beach Resort:
San Juan, Batangas, Barrio of Hugom
1. Take South Super Highway to the end and exit at 50 that leads to Batangas, Lucena and Legaspi. (It is 39 kilometers from Magallanes to the end of the South Super Highway).
2. Upon exiting, drive straight ahead to the Star Toll entrance. The drive is approximately 20 minutes or about 6.5 kilometers. Look for the Batangas Expressway entrance (Star Toll), which leads to Lipa City. The sign is very visible and the entrance is on the right side after the First Philippine Industrial Park.
3. The drive from the entrance to the end of the Star Toll Way is approximately 15 minutes or 19.2 kilometers.
4. At the end of the Batangas Expressway, make a right, which will take you to Lipa City proper (Batangas City is to the left, please watch out for the signs). The name of this street is Recto, and is the main street of Lipa City. Please make a right once you hit a fork on the road with a McDonald’s (this is about 5 minutes from the exit of Star Toll way, or 1.2 kilometers). The traffic is normally quite heavy due to the jeeps and tricycles.
5. Make a right on Torres Street, which has a Mercury Drug on the corner. This is 1 kilometer from McDonald’s or 2.2 kilometers from the exit of Star Toll Way. Mercury Drug is on the right side and is before Jollibee (on the left side). You will see Greenwich Pizza and Andok’s Lechon before Mercury Drug.
6. Torres Street will take you to the town of Rosario. The drive is approximately 20 minutes or about 11 kilometers.
7. Once in the town of Rosario, please make a left on Gualberto Avenue, where you will see a new Mercury Drug Store at the corner. This road is the main road of the town of Rosario. There is also a big Motortrade sign and a David’s Salon that would be visible at the corner. You will also pass an Andok’s lechon Shop and a Frank’s Hamburger Stall. Gualberto Avenue will take you to the town of San Juan. The drive is approximately 30 minutes or 19.8 kilometers. You will pass a sign for the Batangas Racing Circuit along the way. Please veer left at this point. There is a La Luz Beach Resort sign.
8. Once in the town of San Juan, make a right after the Municipal Hall. You will see a Petron Gasoline Station, a Frank’s burger Stall and a Dunkin Donut Store right before the Municipal Hall. This road, will take you to the barrio of Hugom. The total distance from the Municipal Hall is 21 kilometers and the last 4 kilometers are rough roads. Please follow the road until you see signs for the Resort. You will have to go up a couple of hills and you will see a big entrance to you left. The drive is approximately 30 minutes.
Contact La Luz Beach Resort:
+63 (2) 726-4977
+63 (2) 726-6687
San Juan, Batangas:
+63 (43) 341-3277
+63 (43) 575-3581
+63 (917) 532-3581
+63 (916) 579-9788
Activities at La Luz Beach Resort:
Therapeutic massage using oil is available by trained staff from the local Barangay. P250/hour
Snorkel and goggle sets are available for rent at P100/3 hours. Boating Local motorized outrigger boats (bangka) are available to explore the cove for P300/hour.
You may rent our Kayaks for 2 or 3 and paddle around at P200 an hour.
La Luz is not a dive resort but there are 2 dive sites that are in front of the resort. Inquire with our staff. Guests should have their own gear. Tank rentals are available at P100 per tank. Dive Masters will have to be arranged in advance.
Rent the ball from us and enjoy beach volleyball. P50/use
Mount Daguldol is a popular site for hikers. Naambon Falls and the Peak with breathtaking views are the highlights of the journey. A local guide can be hired for P350/day or P700 for an overnight camping expedition.
This is available for stargazing on the beach at night for free. The resort arranges one bonfire at a designated area per night for the enjoyment of all our guests.
Playing cards, sungka, dominos, scrabble and chess sets are available for rent. P100/day